Believe it or not I was a Larry Bird superfan at one time (?!!) in my childhood. I knew his stats, loved watching his games, had posters, a Christmas ornament... I even requested a Larry Birthday birthday party for my 8th birthday. (I know this obsession seems somewhat unimaginable. But it was real. You can see a picture from the party here. My mom even wore his jersey. Bless her.) His number was 33 and on my birthday last year, my friends and family and I joked it was going to be my "Bird Year." It was feeling like it was meant to be an unforgettable year. And was it ever! It was almost like somehow my eight year old self knew that 33 was going to be an especially great year. Of course my heart was right. It always knows.
From buying our first place, to finally starting this blog, to finding my new love for running, and so many other goals checked, (monthly home goals, regular meal planning, date nights, memories with Olivia and so much more) it has been an incredible year with so many things to be thankful for.
Today I turn 34! (Gulp! Sounds like kind of a big number, when I say it out loud!) I was inspired to start a list of 35 things I want to accomplish before I turn 35. Some goals are big, others are small (hello, going to the dentist that I am sooo overdue for!) But I'm really excited to work my way through these things over the next year. I'll be sure to share some updates along the way.
In no particular order:
- Take a special family vacation
- Read 4 books
- Run a half marathon-- I'm signed up for one in May!
- Take a weekend trip with Chris
- Organize all family photos -- this may be the most daunting on the list!
- Make yearly photo albums starting with Olivia's first year
- Brush up on my French
- Be diligent in using my power sheets
- Spend 30 minutes a day in meditation/gratitude/manifesting
- See a play (Hamilton?)
- Teach Olivia to read
- Take Olivia to her first movie
- Take Olivia to her first ballet
- Travel somewhere we haven't been before (doesn't have to be far away)
- Find a wellness doctor and schedule a visit
- Go to the dermatologist
- Learn about essential oils and start using them for our family
- Go to the dentist
- Survive Olivia's first day of pre-school- I could cry just thinking about it!
- Complete Whole 30 with Chris
- Celebrate our 7th Anniversary
- Take a multivitamin every day
- Finish all remaining paint projects at home (Windows and Stairwell)
- Complete Kayla Itsines 12 week workout program
- Reach 10k followers on Instagram
- Make serious progress on a super secret project ;) -- sorry to be so cryptic but it's too early in the process to say much more :)
- Attend 1 professional development conference
- Submit one of my children's books to publishers/learn this process! Would you believe I have written a few and they’re just sitting on my computer?! If you know anything about this, please let me know! :)
- Finish office decor and start using it more regularly
- Find a mentor
- Start using Pinterest for my business
- Complete a city guide for the blog
- Complete a reader questionnaire/survey for the blog
- Start thinking about /researching what it would look like to start my non profit/charity
- Start working on my legacy project
My last two are really more long term goals that realistically, I think are at least 3-5 years away from actually coming to fruition, but I want to at least start the process and get an understanding of everything that will need to happen :)
If you have a list of any sort-- 30 before 30, 101 things in 1001 days-- whatever you're working towards, share it below so we can cheer each other on!
I can hardly wait to see what 34 brings! I have a feeling it's going to give the Bird Year a run for its money.
Thanks so much for following along! xo
*Thanks to Simply by Suzy for this treasured photo*