It's hard to believe I'm halfway through my year. And thanks for my Three AND A HALF year old (as she will sweetly correct you!) I'm well aware that, as of yesterday, I'm at Thirty Four and a half. So I wanted to do a quick update on my 35 Before 35 List. I still have a lot to do...but I've made some good progress so far.
In no particular order.
- Take a special family vacation I am not sure what we are doing about this yet...We ended up with a couple of out of town weddings later this year which we are so excited about! But we haven't confirmed any family travel plans yet.
- Read 4 books I am reading The Life Giving Home right now and have a few others I have purchased but haven't started yet...
- Run a half marathon- I'm signed up for one in May! I am not sure I'm going to be running this in a few weeks. I have been having a hard time with my IT Band and have had to cut back on running. I am so bummed. If not this one, I may consider doing one in September if I can stay healthy.
- Take a weekend trip with Chris We have been toying with the idea of a weekend away in Nashville, but we may just stick with the out of town weddings for our trips.
- Organize all family photos -- this may be the most daunting on the list! I am sloooowly getting caught on up on my personal Instagram with family photos but I have a long way to go still.
- Make yearly photo albums starting with Olivia's first year I am excited to do this once I'm caught up with everything. We will probably order through Artifact Uprising. I love their albums.
- Brush up on my French I haven't done much of this yet, but still plan to.
- Be diligent in using my power sheets So far, I have done a pretty good job staying on track with these. They are so helpful in worrying about what matters most to you.
- Spend 30 minutes a day in meditation/gratitude/manifesting We started doing a gratitude exercise before bedtime with Olivia and it has become one of my favorite things ever. We each say three things we are grateful for from the day. It's just the sweetest addition to our routine. I'm working on spending even more time doing this myself throughout the day.
- See a play (Hamilton?) We haven't done this yet...
- Teach Olivia to read We have done a little work on this, but not much...
- Take Olivia to her first movie In November, we took Olivia to see Leap (a movie about a little girl who dreams of being a ballerina in Paris, aka the story of her life!) It was such a fun experience; one I'll definitely never forget!
- Take Olivia to her first ballet In December, we took Olivia to see the Nutcracker. It was absolutely magical for her. She loved it! I think it's safe to say that will be a new tradition for us.
- Travel somewhere we haven't been before (doesn't have to be far away) This may end up being one of the out of town weddings, too.. TBD
- Find a wellness doctor and schedule a visit This is something I still want and need to do.
- Go to the dermatologist I went to a new dermatologist in January and have been really good sticking with my new skin care routine.
- Learn about essential oils and start using them for our family I have a long way to go with this, but thanks to my dear friend Erin, I have started this journey and we have incorporated a couple oils into our home!
- Go to the dentist I went to the dentist in November, and have had a few more visits taking care of cavities since I was so embarrasingly overdue! Hopefully I am back on track now!
- Survive Olivia's first day of pre-school- I could cry just thinking about it! We are planning on this for the fall...still not sure how I'll make it.
- Complete Whole 30 with Chris We realized Whole 30 was too challenging for a vegetarian, so we created our own month long challenge instead. In January we had 30 days of no eating out (not even a coffee!) and made ten new recipes. It was so fun! I think we'll do it again.
- Celebrate our 7th Anniversary This is June 18th!
- Take a multivitamin every day I have been ok with this..deifnitely need to be better about not missing days.
- Finish all remaining paint projects at home (Windows and Stairwell) We are hoping we can do this in the summer.
- Complete Kayla Itsines 12 week workout program I haven't started this yet..
- Reach 10k followers on Instagram I recently reached this goal! Come say hi if you haven't seen my feed in a while! I love to connect with people there, too!
- Make serious progress on a super secret project ;) -- sorry to be so cryptic but it's too early in the process to say much more :) I think this going to be even farther away than I imagined...but we'll see :)
- Attend 1 professional development conference I am not sure what this will end up being...
- Submit one of my children's books to publishers/learn this process! Would you believe I have written a few and they’re just sitting on my computer?! If you know anything about this, please let me know! :) I have done a little research on this and am excited to do even more!
- Finish office decor and start using it more regularly This is another one I haven't started yet...but I hope to soon!
- Find a mentor TBD!
- Start using Pinterest for my business I have signed up for a class for this, but haven't really done much else yet. I definitely want to make this a priority.
- Complete a city guide for the blog I haven't started working on this yet either, but would still love to do this!
- Complete a reader questionnaire/survey for the blog I did this in December to help direct content for the new year and it was great! Thank you to those of you who provided feedback! <3
- Start thinking about /researching what it would look like to start my non profit/charity This is on my heart a lot. I find my mind goes to it often when I'm running. I haven't done actual research in getting this going, and honestly, until Olivia is in school I think it's going to be hard to do a ton more with it just because my time is so limited. But-- I am still really excited by this idea and really do want to learn more to see if it's something I'd actually ever want to do.
- Start working on my legacy project This hasn't gotten any attention yet...but I haven't forgotten about it :)
Thank you so much for all of the encourgament and support. I am so excited to continue crossing things off my list over the next six months (and beyond!)
Happy Weekend! xoxo